Fresh Green Chana Salad/Chaat





It is one of the fresh delicacies I enjoyed in my childhood. The fresh chana is only available during winter after January till march or say Holi.

In Bihar/Jharkahnd we make chaat/salad, stir fried chaat, pakora (called bhabhara), halwa, Ghughani (Chana masala gravy) etc.

It can either be eaten fresh or boiled or fried too.

In Bangalore, it is really hard to get it easily available but somehow I got it and i was really happy even with limited quantity. But I was little indecisive about what to cook and what not to cook but finally, I decide to make something healthier out of it. so I have made Salad - fresh and tangy.

My grandfather used to bring in a big lot during Shivratri and we all family member used to peel it for the delicacy for the next day when we used to relish after breaking day-long fast. And it used to start with fresh chana pakora which we call Bhabhara. Its really nostalgic and still I remember the smell of those Bhabhara's made by my mother especially. I really miss them.

Chalo its lot of talk now, we will move to recipe now.

Ingredients:

1. Fresh Green chana - 1 Cup
2. Chopped onion - 2 Spoon
3. Chopped Tomato - 2 Spoon
4. Chopped Green chilli - 1 TBS
5. Chopped Coriander leaves - 1 TBS
6. Lemon juice - 2 Spoon
7. Chaat Masala - 1 TBS
8. Rock Salt - As per taste
9. Coriander leaves - To garnish
10. Lemon wedge - 1 To garnish
11. Slit green chilli - 1 To garnish

Recipe:

1. Take a big bowl. Add washed green chana.
2. Add all chopped tomato, onion, green chilli and coriander leaves.
3. Add chaat masala, rock salt and lemon juice and mix well.
4. Take a serving bowl and transfer the mixture and garnish with coriander leaves and lemon wedge and slitted green chilli.

It is ready to relish with your loved ones.

Do let me know how do you like the recipe.

Till I am back with another interesting recipe, enjoy the chana chaat with your dear ones.

Bye bye Yummy mummies!!!

Happy cooking!!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chenna pais/Rasmalai

Sarson Ki Saag Wali Daal/Lentile With Mustard Leaves